This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 22 years, 6 months ago by 匿名用戶.
- November 25, 2000 at 11:15 pm #121986匿名用戶Participant
- November 26, 2000 at 11:59 am #70601boboParticipant
Please note: for those who do not wish to use bacon, substitute 1/4 cup melted butter for the bacon grease and continue with the recipe. (this is not recommended for people counting calories.)
1 pound diced bacon
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
2. In the bacon grease saute the celery and onion until onion begins to turn clear. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cubed potatoes and toss to coat. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Return the bacon to the pan and add enough chicken stock to just cover the potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
3. In a separate pan, melt the butter or margarine and cook the flour for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream, tarragon and cilantro. Bring the cream mixture to a boil to thicken, stirring constantly. Add the cream mixture to the potato mixture, heating through. Puree about 1/2 the soup and return to the pan. Season to taste and serve.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.