- July 28, 2000 at 5:16 am #121590匿名用戶Participant
- August 29, 2000 at 1:31 am #70019boboParticipant
Prime Rib Roast
make: 5 servings
3-3/4 pounds prime rib roast
1-1/4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
2 tablespoons and 1-1/4 teaspoons orange marmalade
1-7/8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon soy sauce
2-3/4 teaspoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1-1/4 teaspoons mustard powder
1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons beer
1 tablespoon and 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ginger, marmalade, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce and mustard. Mix well and gently stir in the beer.
2. Prick holes in the roast with a 2 pronged fork. Place roast in a large bowl or plastic container or in the roaster. Pour marinade over roast; cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, basting at least twice during the marinate.
3. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 degrees C). Place roast in a roasting pan on a wire rack.
4. Add about 1 cup of marinate to roasting pan. Pour about 1/4 cup of olive oil over roast. Sprinkle roast with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Insert roasting thermometer into the middle of the roast, (making sure that the thermometer does not touch any bone). Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil and seal edges tightly around pan.
6. Cook roast at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 1 hour. Remove foil and baste roast after 1 hour of cooking time. Do not replace aluminum foil cover. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and cook for about 1 hour longer.
7. For medium-rare, thermometer reading should register 130 degrees F (60 degrees C). Remove roasting pan from oven, place aluminum foil over roast and let the roast rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.
<center><img src= http://www.animationlover.com/Animation … _Hobes.gif></center><center><font size=2><font color=red>季常會永遠名譽會長 </font color=red> </center></font size=2>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.